Cloud-computing IS the technology of the future. For small businesses, cloud computing is especially important because they can take advantage of technologies that would otherwise be unattainable due to budget constraints (e.g. Hosted Microsoft Exchange email services). With cloud services, small businesses reap the benefits of not having to deploy physical hardware like file, email servers, and storage systems. The “anywhere, anytime” availability of these solutions, means hassle-free communication between employees by simply using a browser.
What Is Cloud Computing?
Cloud-computing services require no software to purchase and install. Cloud-computing fees for businesses are typically subscription-based. The vendors usually charge you on a month-to-month or annual basis. Another feature of cloud computing is that it’s easily scalable. Many of these solutions can work for a business with one employee or 100. Cloud based services are effective because it grows as your business grows.
Here is a partial list of cloud services (SaaS) FST can help you implement:
- Mozy – Online Backup Solution for small to medium size businesses.
- Drop Box – Documents sync seamlessly between computers and contents are always available online.
- Google Docs – Share documents and collaborate effectively by accessing documents via internet browser.
- Hosted Exchange – Enjoy the flexibility of an enterprise level email communication tool.
- Spam & Content Filtering – Block viruses, malware, and control what employees have access (website specific or categories) to on the Internet.
- Online QuickBooks – Online version of QuickBooks. Great flexibility! You have access to your customer contact info, A/R, A/P, Invoices.