Yesterday was an exciting and informative day at Captain IT Headquarters. As our team prepared for the late afternoon event, we got wind that Anthony would be setting the bar for his new presentation on “Cybersecurity Prevention,” what we weren’t prepared for was how this was going to change our lives forever!
Learn How Anthony, Owner of Captain IT Takes a Personal Approach to Protect Your Information
Let’s face it, people do some shady things, and sometimes we catch them, but most of the time, we don’t. Criminals are not only getting smarter, but they are also getting bolder! If you have seen recently on the news, packages are being stolen in broad daylight off of front porches. People are traveling and get pick-pocketed, and the same people who start small get a bright idea that online theft is even easier. It’s a lot harder to get caught when nobody can see who you are, Right?
The internet is, in fact, a scary place!
Not just because criminals are out to steal your money, or to bribe you, or hold your information for ransom. NO, we all know the threats are real and imminent. What makes the internet scary is the fact that you, me, and millions of other people out there rely on the internet so much that now when we look back, we may think, “How did I ever live without the internet”?
With so many people out there Anthony, Owner of Captain IT has made it his life’s mission to not only protect the precious information we have form cyber attacks and ransomware, but he also helps to educate businesses and the people who run them how to shield themselves from these threats and give them a fighting chance to survive these threats.
We want to give a special thanks to a little hipster cafe called “Lift Coffee Roasters“ Anthony took the stage and conquered by demonstrating to the audience just how important it is to understand the threats we encounter daily. With reassurance, Anthony provided the audience with facts and tools they can use to reinforce how they use technology and why these tools are of the utmost importance when privacy and information are valuable to them. In one statement by Anthony, he said: “Cybersecurity is personal, and we all have to do our part to ensure that we protect our data online, just as we would protect ourselves if we were physically attacked”! As accurate as this statement is, many people leave themself exposed, and they probably don’t even know it.
If you would like to learn more about Captain IT and how we can help protect your business and personal information, we have put together some excellent information for you below.
BUT if you are concerned about cybersecurity and want to get a free network assessment, then we can arrange that for you as well. What is a “Network Assessment”? Am I glad you asked? It is what Captain IT does best, Uncover the potential security threats and network issues currently happening within your computer systems. It is the physical hardware and or lack of backup equipment, software, and firewalls; we check it all. After we thoroughly inspect and review “Twice” your networks with our 101-Point inspection, we put together a customized roadmap that lets you understand where your potential risks are, thus allowing you to understand just how good, bad and ugly it is in there.
PLUS as a bonus: If you have been wondering what people are saying about you, we can’t tell you that, but we can offer you a FREE DARK WEB SCAN. This will allow you to check your companies domain name and see if the information has been floating on the “Dark Web.”
When This Risk Assessment Is Complete You Will KNOW:
- If you and your employees’ login credentials are being sold on the Dark Web (We can practically guarantee one or more are and what we discover will shock you).
- If your IT systems and data are truly secured from hackers and cybercriminals, rogue employees, and loss.
- A “health score” for your network to determine areas that are outdated, unsupported, slow and problematic, and how YOUR system ranks against other companies of your size, and your industry.
- IF your current backup would allow you to restore 100% of your data and be up and running again, and how fast if ransomware locked you out of all of your files.
(In 99% of the computer networks we’ve reviewed, they were shocked to discover they would NOT.)
3 Steps To Protecting Your Organization (What To Do Now)
- Step 1: Threat Assessment
What’s lacking in your security right now? Are your systems indeed backed up? Where are you exposed to risk?
- Step 2: Create An Action Plan And Implement It!
Based on what’s discovered, an action plan is created and implemented to protect if and when an attack happens. This prevents you from being an easy target.
- Step 3: Ongoing Maintenance
You don’t want to take a “set-it-and-forget-it” approach to security – your attackers aren’t!
If (When) Your Business Falls Victim To A Cyber-Attack… AND Depending On What Happens…
- You will be BLAMED. There’s no sympathy for businesses who get hacked, and you’re wrongly labeled irresponsible, stupid.
- You may be questioned, possibly investigated, about what you did to prevent this from happening.
- You may need to notify CLIENTS that you exposed their data to cybercriminals, or at least were hacked, losing files and data, delaying projects, and halting services.
- If the news (or your competitors) gets wind of this, they’ll have a heyday, destroying your reputation.
- Costs for restoring data and work can quickly escalate.